This is a recipe I invented during a church chili cook-off. I made it with all organic ingredients, but it can be made with conventional ones as well. Even better the next day and freezes well.
How To Make Tree Hugger's Terrific Organic Vegetarian Chili
The organic ingredients really make this vegetarian chili even more flavorful.
- Chop first 7 ingredients and saute in olive oil.
When onions become transparent, add all spices and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
Bring to a boil over medium heat for 1 minute, stirring constantly, and then turn to simmer.
- Simmer covered for 15 minutes and then uncovered for 45 minutes stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- If needed, you can add a little vegetable broth to prevent it becoming too thick.
- Cool and refrigerate overnight.
- Reheat the next day.
- Excellent served over brown rice with a side salad and garlic toast.
- Sugar: 12g
- Calcium: 47mg
- Calories: 149kcal
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fat: 4g
- Fiber: 5g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 293mg
- Protein: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 531mg
- Vitamin A: 2393IU
- Vitamin C: 78mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!