If you love Southern cooking, then you’ll love this scrumptious copycat shrimp and grits recipe. It includes Cajun-flavored shrimp and chicken over creamy grits. What more do you need?
How To Make Copycat Ruby Tuesday's Shrimp and Grits
- ½ cup raw shrimp shells on
- ¼ cup ground chicken
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Cajun spice to taste
- ¼ cup chopped green onions for garnish
- 2 cup cooking grits
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- butter to taste
- 2 cups water for grits
- Oil as needed
- Season the chicken and shrimp with salt, pepper and cajun spice.
- Heat some oil in a pan over medium heat and begin cooking the chicken pieces.
- Once the pieces are beginning to turn brown, throw in the raw shrimp and cook together until both meats are cooked all the way through.
- Meanwhile, place a pot with water and milk for grits over medium-high heat. Sprinkle some salt for flavor.
- Bring contents to a boil and slowly stir grits in. Stir occasionally to reduce lumps from forming.
- Reduce heat and cover, continuing to stir occasionally.
- Let cook for about 30 minutes or until creamy and consistent throughout.
- Season grits to taste.
- Pour grits into a bowl and spoon chicken and shrimp mixture on top and serve.
Calories: 841kcal | Carbohydrates: 166g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 225mg | Potassium: 559mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 470IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 156mg | Iron: 5mg