While Red Lobster no longer has steamed clams on its menu, you can still heat up your own batch of them at home. A few select herbs and spices plus a drizzle of melted butter add their own savory flavor to these tender mollusks.
How To Make Copycat Red Lobster Steamed Clams Recipe
- 6 dozen Littleneck Clams
- 3 tbsp. Canola Oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves chopped
- 1 1/2 cup Onion chopped
- 1 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Basil chopped
- Sea Salt to taste
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 8 tbsp. Butter melted
- Thoroughly clean off the clams.
- Warm the canola oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onion, and cook until garlic is fragrant and onion is tender.
- Stir in the white wine vinegar.
- Add the clams along with 2 cups of water.
- Cover saucepan and let clams cook for about 10 minutes until open.
- Transfer the clams to a large serving bowl, discarding any that didn't open.
- Sprinkle clams with basil, along with salt and pepper if desired, and drizzle with melted butter.