Try a deliciously grown-up preparation for those salmon fillets.
How To Make Sautéed Salmon with Whiskey Sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 (12-oz.) salmon fillet or 2 (6-oz.) fillets
- 1/4 cup irish whiskey
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon minced
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- lime wedges
- Melt butter in medium skillet. Add shallot and sauté 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper to taste. Sauté salmon 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Remove to plate (salmon won't be completely cooked). Add whiskey, vinegar and tarragon to skillet and simmer 1 minute.
- Add cream. Season with salt and pepper. Return salmon to skillet, cover and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side. Divide fillet in half.
- Arrange half on each of 2 plates. Top with sauce and serve with lime wedges on the side.