How To Make Vietnamese Chicken Salad
Enjoy refreshing, tangy, and spicy flavors all in one dish with this loaded chicken salad! Whip up a delectable in just under 30 minutes.
- 1lbchicken breast,boneless
- 1cupchicken broth,canned, low sodium
- 4scallions,including green tops
- 1¼lbsgreen cabbage,(about ½ head)
- 6tbspfresh mint,and/or cilantro, chopped, optional
- ¼cuplime juice,(from about 2 limes)
- ¼cupsoy sauce,or Asian fish sauce, nam pla or nuoc mam
- ¼tspred pepper flakes,dried
Cut each chicken breast into five diagonal strips.
In a medium saucepan, combine the broth, ¼ of the scallions and ¼ teaspoon of the salt. Bring to a simmer, add the chicken, stir, and cover the pan. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
Turn the heat off and let the chicken steam for 5 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and shred it.
In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken, the remaining scallions, the cabbage, carrots and 4 tablespoons of the herbs.
In a small glass or stainless-steel bowl, whisk together the lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, red-pepper flakes and the remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt.
Toss the salad with the dressing. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of chopped herbs and the peanuts.
Serve and enjoy!
- Calories: 359.78kcal
- Fat: 16.15g
- Saturated Fat: 3.88g
- Trans Fat: 0.12g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 6.96g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.94g
- Carbohydrates: 24.31g
- Fiber: 6.77g
- Sugar: 12.96g
- Protein: 31.67g
- Cholesterol: 74.37mg
- Sodium: 1096.77mg
- Calcium: 129.72mg
- Potassium: 932.75mg
- Iron: 3.67mg
- Vitamin A: 442.71µg
- Vitamin C: 63.21mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!