A refreshing bowl of salad like this tomato caprese works wonderfully with tasty and savory dishes. For instance, it goes well with our version of the Detroit-style pizza as it balances the pizza’s savoriness with our summer salad’s tangy balsamic glaze dressing. It’s a flexible dish, so you never have to wonder what to pair with caprese salad. It’s sure to complement almost any dish!
Tips for Making Tomato Caprese Salad
Because there are so many salad recipes, it can be confusing to remember which is which. What is a caprese salad? Italians call it “insalata caprese” and it’s made with mozzarella cheese, sliced tomatoes, and fresh basil. In addition, you add salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar. This salad may be a breeze to whip up, but we still have a couple of tips for you.
- Choose tomatoes that are red-orange. If there are any yellow or green blotches, then it usually means they aren’t ripe yet.
- Smell the tomatoes. They should give off a sweet and earthy aroma. The earthier it smells, the riper and more ready it is to be used.
- We recommend using fresh mozzarella for this caprese salad with balsamic glaze. It’s not as firm as store-bought mozzarella, and the flavors hold onto softer cheese better.
- Use your preferred high-quality olive oil. You’ll be eating it as is because it won’t be cooked. It’ll mix with seasoning and tomato juices. So make sure that you like the flavor of the olive oil. Likewise, you should also pick the best California balsamic vinegar according to your preference.
- Layer the tomatoes and mozzarella. There are many ways to make caprese salad, but we suggest layering the tomato and mozzarella while seasoning as you go.
Who knew so much taste could come from just balsamic vinegar and tomatoes? Additionally, you can pair your salad with a classic fettuccine with arrabbiata sauce and add a grilled chicken. Caprese salad variations are endless, but for now, let’s start with the classic version.
How To Make Tomato Caprese Salad with California Balsamic Vinegar
This no-fuss caprese salad recipe makes a healthy, low carb and delicious meal perfect for lazy nights. Simply toss your fresh tomatoes, extra-virgin olive oil, mozzarella cheese, and basil on a plate and top them with california balsamic vinegar and you’re good to go!
Wash the sliced tomatoes and basil leaves and set aside.
Arrange the mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, and basil together on a plate.
Sprinkle olive oil over the top of the plated ingredients. Afterward, drizzle some balsamic vinegar. Then, sprinkle salt and pepper as well.
Grab a fork and enjoy!
Commonly Asked Questions
Is a caprese salad good for you?
Yes. Tomatoes are rich in different vitamins and nutrients and have a few calories. For instance, tomatoes contain vitamins C, K, E, and B3. In addition, they’re also rich in potassium, magnesium, and lycopene. Although mozzarella is rich in potassium and calcium, it is best not to add too much cheese to keep it as a healthy salad.
Being healthy does not always have to be expensive and complicated. If you’re looking for something different and refreshing, this easy tomato caprese salad with balsamic vinegar is perfect for you! This five-ingredient recipe is ideal for last-minute dinner plans and unexpected guests.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!