I had this fresh and delicious salad for the first time in Buenos Aires. I thought it would be too simple but these ingredients turned out to be a wonderful combination!
How To Make Tomato, Avocado, and Hearts of Palm Salad
The hearts of palm have a sweet, slightly tangy flavor that balances the sourness of the tomato while the avocado provides a good background flavor for these two ingredients to shine.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, ketchup, white sugar, lemon juice, paprika and pepper together.
- Slice tomatoes and avocados to desired thickness and arrange around your serving plate.
- Sprinkle avocado with lemon juice to keep fresh.
- Chop hearts of palm diagonally and arrange on plate with tomatoes and avocados.
- Pour dressing into a small serving bowl (for dipping sauce) and drizzle with olive oil.
- Garnish with sun dried tomaroes if desired, and serve!
- Sugar: 5g
- Calcium: 12mg
- Calories: 291kcal
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Fat: 28g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 310mg
- Protein: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 250mg
- Vitamin A: 130IU
- Vitamin C: 13mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!