This is my take on the classic wilted spinach salad, with a nice kick from the leeks.
How To Make Perfectly Hard-Boiled Eggs and Wilted Baby Arugula and Leek Salad
A simple recipe for perfectly cooked hard boiled eggs then add to that a wonderful recipe for Wilted Baby Arugula and Leek Salad to boot! This excellent salad is good enough to be a meal on its own.
Pre-heat toaster oven/oven to 375 degrees F.
Layer bacon pieces flat on a baking sheet and cook for about 20 to 22 minutes, until golden crisp.
- Be sure to flip bacon once while cooking.
- Remove to paper towel, crumble and set aside.
- In the meantime place eggs in a medium pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil, cover pot and turn off heat.
Let sit 14 to 17 minutes and then drain.
- Shake eggs in pot to crack and cover with cold water to cool (this also will help peeling the eggs).
- In a small mixing bowl combine reserved bacon fat, cider vinegar, sugar, and mustard and whisk.
- Assemble salad as dersired and drizzle with dressing, then sprinkle with bacon crumbles and cracked pepper.
- Sugar: 2g
- Calcium: 43mg
- Calories: 116kcal
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Fat: 9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 133mg
- Protein: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 134mg
- Vitamin A: 671IU
- Vitamin C: 4mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!