The sweet and tart flavor of rhubarb gives this ham recipe a unique flavor.
How To Make Spring Ham with Rhubarb Sauce
The rhubarb sauce makes this ham recipe stand out.
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Add water.
- Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the ham.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil, leaving thermometer dial exposed.
- Roast in an oven at 325 degrees F until thermometer registers 135 degrees F, about 20 minutes per pound.
- Meanwhile, combine all other ingredients in large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove cinnamon stick.
- Remove foil from ham and spoon small amount of sauce over ham 15 minutes before cooking time ends.
- Remove ham when meat thermometer reaches 140 degrees F.
- Let ham sit 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve sauce over ham slices.
- Sugar: 44g
- Calcium: 82mg
- Calories: 922kcal
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Cholesterol: 187mg
- Fat: 51g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 1082mg
- Protein: 66g
- Saturated Fat: 18g
- Sodium: 3594mg
- Vitamin A: 104IU
- Vitamin C: 16mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!