How To Make Balsamic Chicken and Veggie Sheet Pan Dinner
This easy balsamic chicken is guaranteed to make weeknights wonderful. It’s loaded with sweet potatoes and broccoli, baked then sprinkled with parsley.
- ⅓cupbalsamic vinegar
- ¼cupolive oil
- 7ozzucchini,(1 small), stemmed, diced into ½-inch thick half moons
- 7ozyellow squash,(1 small), stemmed, diced into ½-inch thick half moons
- 10ozbroccoli crown,cut into small florets
- 1orange bell pepper,stemmed, seeded and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- ½medium red onion,diced into chunks
- 1½lbschicken breasts,boneless, skinless, diced into 1¼-inch pieces
- 2tspItalian Seasoning
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1½cupsgrape tomatoes,or cherry tomatoes, halve them if large or if adding at the end
- 3tbspfresh parsley,chopped
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a bowl (or liquid measuring cup) whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, and garlic.
Add zucchini, squash, broccoli, bell pepper and red onion to a sheet pan, top with chicken then pour balsamic mixture over chicken and veggies, then toss.
Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Toss to coat. Spread into an even layer while working to keep chicken pieces from overlapping.
Roast in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, add tomatoes (or wait until the end to add them in fresh) and toss everything with a spatula. Spread into an even layer again.
Return to oven and roast about 6 to 10 minutes longer until the thicker looking pieces of chicken register 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
Sprinkle with parsley, season with more salt to taste as desired. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 536.09kcal
- Fat: 30.06g
- Saturated Fat: 6.54g
- Trans Fat: 0.18g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 16.41g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.96g
- Carbohydrates: 27.44g
- Fiber: 5.46g
- Sugar: 13.56g
- Protein: 40.08g
- Cholesterol: 108.86mg
- Sodium: 1156.13mg
- Calcium: 120.35mg
- Potassium: 1216.72mg
- Iron: 3.89mg
- Vitamin A: 164.31µg
- Vitamin C: 130.56mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!