This is a tastier alternative to serving plain cranberries at your Thanksgiving dinner. Serve it alongside your favorite roast for a scrumptious feast. Try out our wild rice pilaf recipe.
How To Make Wild Rice Pilaf with Cranberries and Apples
Make a hearty meal with this wild rice pilaf recipe that's made with wild rice, dried cranberries, almonds and Granny Smith apples.
- In a medium-sized bowl, rinse and drain the wild rice.
Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add the rice.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Stir in the dried cranberries.
- Remove from heat and let stand.
- In a small bowl, mix together the oil, red wine vinegar and sugar.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice and the diced apples.
- Add the oil mixture and toss.
- Serve warm or cold on individual plates.
- Top with toasted slivered almonds.
- Sugar: 12g
- Calcium: 21mg
- Calories: 211kcal
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fat: 6g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 201mg
- Protein: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 7mg
- Vitamin A: 25IU
- Vitamin C: 2mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!