Dirty rice is that flavored with chicken, garlic, and a bit of cayenne pepper.
How To Make Southern Dirty Rice
Take a trip down south with this Louisiana classic. Prepare some innards and some broth, it will be a nice twist to your usual fried rice.
- Pulse gizzards in food processor, then pulse livers.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Saute onion and gizzards over medium heat, stirring constantly, until meat begins to brown (about 5 minutes).
- Add livers and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until brown (about 3 minutes).
- Add rice and stir until coated with oil.
- Add broth, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Cover and cook about 20 minutes, until rice has absorbed liquid.
- Sprinkle with green onion and serve.
- Sugar: 2g
- Calcium: 76mg
- Calories: 491kcal
- Carbohydrates: 81g
- Cholesterol: 196mg
- Fat: 8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 7mg
- Potassium: 543mg
- Protein: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 911mg
- Vitamin A: 6659IU
- Vitamin C: 34mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!