How To Make Fiesta Rice
As festive as its name suggests, this fiesta rice comes loaded with nutritious veggies and fresh herbs. Ready in 20 minutes, it’s an easy healthy dish.
Preparation: 20 minutes
Total: 20 minutes
- 2½tbspolive oil
- 2tbsplime juice
- 1tsplime zest
- ¼cupfresh cilantro,finely chopped
- ½tspground cumin
- 1½tspgarlic,1 large clove, minced
- 2½cupsleftover brown rice,cooked, chilled
- 14½ozblack beans,(1 can) , rinsed and drained well
- 2mediumroma tomatoes,chopped
- ¾cupbell pepper,(green or orange), chopped
- 1smalljalapeno,seeded and minced
- 1cupfrozen corn,thawed according to package instructions
- ½cupred onion,chopped, rinsed under cold water to remove harsh bite and drained well
- 1avocado,diced, optional
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a small mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, lime juice, lime zest, cilantro, cumin and garlic.
To a large bowl add brown rice, black beans, tomatoes, bell pepper, jalapeno, corn, red onion and avocado.
Pour lime mixture over ingredients rice mixture and toss to evenly coat while seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Calories: 664.15kcal
- Fat: 14.00g
- Saturated Fat: 2.22g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 8.33g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.51g
- Carbohydrates: 115.20g
- Fiber: 17.26g
- Sugar: 4.33g
- Protein: 22.82g
- Sodium: 631.75mg
- Calcium: 130.51mg
- Potassium: 1577.96mg
- Iron: 5.57mg
- Vitamin A: 46.17µg
- Vitamin C: 36.86mg
Submit Your Own Recipe
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!