Soba noodles are available in Japanese food stores, whole food stores, and some supermarkets. You can add any vegetables to this dish that you enjoy or have on hand.
How To Make Soba with Toasted Sesame Seed Sauce
Have some authentic Japanese noodles with this Japanese-inspired soba dish. It’s great for quick lunches or dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour the sesame seeds onto a rimmed baking sheet.
- Toast the seeds in the oven for 10-12 minutes, until they are a rich brown around the edges.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the noodles and cook them for 5-6 minutes, or until they are just tender.
- Drain them, rinse them well with cold water, and drain them again.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil and green onions.
- Add the noodles, and the toasted sesame seeds.
- Toss well, then stir in the broccoli.
- Let the dish sit for 30 minutes at room temperature before serving.
- Sugar: 7g
- Calcium: 246mg
- Calories: 364kcal
- Carbohydrates: 58g
- Fat: 11g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 5mg
- Potassium: 507mg
- Protein: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 994mg
- Vitamin A: 575IU
- Vitamin C: 64mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!