If you haven’t had a vodka sauce, you must try this seafood pasta dish with the homemade sauce.
How To Make Shrimp Penne a la Vodka
This dish might include alcohol but the only thing it’ll get you drunk on is drunk on flavor.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring often for about 3 minutes or until soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic, oregano, thyme, and basil; stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, stir well, and cook for 10 minutes, or until the tomatoes have broken down and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the vodka.
- By removing the pan from the heat, you reduce the chance that the alcohol will flame up. If the vodka does flame, simply place the lid over the pan to put out the flame.
- Stir until the vodka is well incorporated with the tomato mixture.
- Place the pan back over medium heat and add the cream.
- When the sauce comes to a simmer, add the raw shrimp, and cook, stirring constantly for about 2 minutes or until pink and firm.
- If using precooked shrimp, simply allow them to heat through.
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sugar: 9g
- Calcium: 341mg
- Calories: 935kcal
- Carbohydrates: 100g
- Cholesterol: 367mg
- Fat: 33g
- Fiber: 8g
- Iron: 7mg
- Potassium: 951mg
- Protein: 42g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Sodium: 923mg
- Vitamin A: 3019IU
- Vitamin C: 40mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!