Pasta with Creamy Vodka Sauce Recipe
This Italian dish is hearty and full of flavor. Sprinkle with parmesan and serve with a fresh Mediterranean salad on the side.
How To Make Pasta with Creamy Vodka Sauce
By adding vodka to the sauce, it gives it a more intense flavor that blends with the pasta. You get a nice cheesy and creamy texture with each bite.
- Sautee onion and garlic in olive oil until brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, crushed red pepper and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and vodka and cook for 5 more minutes until sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pot, boil Penne pasta until it is al dente and drain.
- Place pasta on individual plates and top with tomato-vodka sauce and serve.
- Calcium: 85mg
- Calories: 384kcal
- Carbohydrates: 49g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Fat: 14g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 433mg
- Protein: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 67mg
- Sugar: 5g
- Vitamin A: 1260IU
- Vitamin C: 17mg