Perk up the flavor of mussels with this white wine garlic sauce pasta dish!
How To Make Mussels, White Wine and Garlic Over Pasta
Prepare the mussels:
- Scrub mussels and pull off beards, cutting them at the base with a paring knife.
- Discard those that do not close when you handle them and any with broken shells.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain and reserve.
- In a large skillet, place 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, onion, garlic, parsley, bay leaf, thyme and wine.
- Bring to a boil and lower heat; cook for 2 minutes.
- Add mussels; cover and cook just until they open, 3 to 4 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Divide pasta into 4 bowls and spoon mussels over noodles, reserving mussel liquid.
- Strain mussel liquid, and return to pot.
- Add remaining butter or margarine and heat until it melts.
- Pour over mussels and serve.
- Sugar: 6g
- Calcium: 209mg
- Calories: 1036kcal
- Carbohydrates: 110g
- Cholesterol: 135mg
- Fat: 22g
- Fiber: 5g
- Iron: 23mg
- Potassium: 2045mg
- Protein: 73g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 1512mg
- Vitamin A: 3036IU
- Vitamin C: 71mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!