This tried-and-true recipe is a family tradition with a simple, but delicious, homemade sauce. A spaghetti recipe is sure thing every time.
How To Make Mama's Spaghetti
A traditional spaghetti recipe made like it's made with love from home.
Place ground beef in large pot or pan (I cook it directly in the pot that I'm going to use for the sauce).
- Lightly season with salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Add onions, if desired.
- Brown beef until no pink remains.
- Drain and return to pot.
- Pour Prego sauce, diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce over meat.
- Cook over medium heat.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Add red wine and seasonings to taste; don't over-season - it blocks out the robust tomato flavor.
- Add bell peppers and/or mushrooms, if desired.
- Continue cooking over medium heat until thoroughly hot, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium/low and let sauce simmer for 1-3 hours (the longer it cooks, the lower the heat should be, but not so low that it does nothing but keep warm).
- Stir as necessary
- Cook pasta according to package directions (I usually remove the sauce from heat at about the same time, to allow the sauce to cool fractionally before serving).
- Fill plate/bowl with pasta and sauce.
- Sugar: 16g
- Calcium: 86mg
- Calories: 610kcal
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Cholesterol: 211mg
- Fat: 18g
- Fiber: 6g
- Iron: 12mg
- Potassium: 2525mg
- Protein: 78g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Sodium: 2014mg
- Vitamin A: 1985IU
- Vitamin C: 32mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
As easy as the original, this copycat spaghettios recipe serves tangy pasta in just 16 minutes. It's made of circle pasta and tomato sauce.
Pasta with a Latin flair is what you get with this Mexican spaghetti recipe. You need just the basic spaghetti ingredients flavored with taco seasoning.
Rich in light & clean flavors, try this spaghetti with fresh tomato sauce for a simple and scrumptious bite that's perfect for warm summer.
Dip, Sauce & Condiment
Made with just the right amount of herbs, this copycat Ragu spaghetti sauce combines canned tomato sauce & fresh tomato for a silky sauce.
A sure hit among kids, whip up a creamy and tummy-filling dish with this baked chicken spaghetti with Rotel, using cream of chicken soup.
Love spicy food? This green spaghetti is loaded with poblano peppers and cream cheese for a creamy-hot dish to serve for lunch.
This chicken spaghetti crock pot is another comfort food recipe for you. The dish is creamy, cheesy, and easy to make with pantry-friendly ingredients.
Dip, Sauce & Condiment
Simple and tasty food is what this Texas chicken spaghetti recipe is all about. You\'ll love the clean flavors and easy process of making this homey dish.