Looking for a dish that’s easy but still classy like from a 5-star restaurant? This Orzo with Chicken is quick, easy, and absolutely delicious.
How To Make Chicken Orzo Pasta with Roasted Red Peppers
A short-cut pasta that's cooked in chicken broth that compliments pieces of garlic-flavored pan fried chicken.
- Mix flour and garlic powder together in a bowl.
Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and pepper for taste.
- Dip both sides of chicken in flour mixture to coat lightly.
- Next, heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add in the chicken and cut red peppers to cook for 4 minutes on each side (the chicken) or until golden brown and is no longer pink.
- Remove pan from oven.
- Then, remove the chicken and peppers from pan, transfer to plate and set aside.
- Bring broth to a boil in a large skillet and stir in orzo.
- Lower heat to medium after 5 minutes, then stir in spinach, tomatoes, lemon juice, basil and remaining salt for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and return chicken and peppers to the pan.
- Spoon cooked broth over chicken, let cool and serve.
- Sugar: 3g
- Calcium: 44mg
- Calories: 478kcal
- Carbohydrates: 49g
- Cholesterol: 58mg
- Fat: 20g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 595mg
- Protein: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 539mg
- Vitamin A: 1988IU
- Vitamin C: 39mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!