This makes a delicious pilaf, but be careful seasoning because Asiago is salty by itself.
How To Make Asiago Garlic Orzo Pilaf
Cheesy rice dish cooked in chicken broth
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ¾ lb orzo
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup Asiago cheese, grated
- salt , to taste
- ground pepper , to taste, freshly
- Bring the broth to a boil over high heat in a large heavy saucepan.
- Add the orzo and garlic and reduce the heat to medium high.
- Briskly simmer uncovered for about 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the pasta is tender, and most of the broth has been absorbed.
- Turn the heat off, but leave the pan on the stove.
- Add the cheese and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, remembering to taste first as the Asiago can be very salty.
- Serve warm.
- Sugar: 2g
- Calcium: 214mg
- Calories: 296kcal
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Fat: 6g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 243mg
- Protein: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 306mg
- Vitamin A: 130IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!