This is a deliciously flavorful pork chop tomato dish that guests will love.
How To Make Pork Chop a la Tomato
These pork chops in a delicious tomato sauce will surely fill you up, especially when served with steaming rice.
- Cut all the fat from the chops.
Cut the fat into small chunks and throw into a skillet.
- Cook the fat until crispy and brown.
- This will leave enough grease in the skillet to cook the chops.
- Remove the cooked fat (commonly known in the South as cracklings).
Salt the cracklings and eat them if you like. They are delicious but loaded with cholesterol.
Pat the chops dry with paper towels, removing all excess moisture.
Mix together flour, salt, and pepper.
Coat each side of the pork chops in the flour mixture.
- Brown them quickly in the skillet in the crackling grease.
- After the chops are browned on both sides, remove them from the pan.
Add about a level tablespoon of the remaining flour to the remaining grease to make a paste.
- Add a little water to make a gravy.
- Stir well and then pour in the can of tomato soup (undiluted).
- Stir some more.
- Put the chops back in the skillet and cover well with the tomato gravy.
Cut the onion and bell pepper into rings.
- Cover the entire batch with bell pepper rings and onion rings.
- Spoon a little more of the tomato gravy over the pepper and onion.
- Cover the skillet with a lid or if you don't have one that fits, seal the skillet well with aluminum foil.
Pop this into a moderate oven (350 degrees F) and bake about 40 minutes.
- Serve over steaming rice.
- Sugar: 5g
- Calcium: 22mg
- Calories: 290kcal
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Fat: 10g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 848mg
- Protein: 31g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 638mg
- Vitamin A: 265IU
- Vitamin C: 24mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!