This dish is a good replacement for rice or potatoes. It has a delicious taste of its own!
Orzo With Celery and Mushrooms RecipeJump To Recipe
How To Make Orzo With Celery and Mushrooms
A wonderful pasta recipe that is largely similar to risotto, but with less starch resulting in a cleaner and lighter broth. A wonderfully rich broth that complements the shape and taste of this unique pasta along with the wonderful combination of flavors from celery and mushroom.
- In pot, boil water for orzo.
- When orzo is cooked, make sure it is al dente and drain.
- Cool and set aside.
- In large deep skillet, slowly heat oil and butter.
- Saute and mix together: chopped celery, mushrooms, garlic powder, ground pepper, celery seed, and the two packages of instant broth mix.
- Saute until celery is firm.
- Add the orzo to the skillet to combine the orzo with celery mixture and stir well.
- Mix in the chicken broth and stir.
- Slow simmer for 5 minutes.
Serve hot as side dish, or a meal in itself.
For vegetarian version, use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!