This tarragon chicken with white wine sauce recipe is the perfect elegant dish to upgrade your usual chicken recipes. Its sweet and savory flavors come from the bittersweet tarragon herb mixing with the crisp white wine, tender chicken breasts, and chopped asparagus. Combine both the tender chicken meat with the white wine sauce and you get an extra flavorful dish. Pair this tasty seasoned chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy on the side.
Tips on Making Tarragon Chicken with White Wine Sauce
This herbed chicken dish is a rich and savory recipe that you can make even more flavorful with some added ingredients. That’s why we listed some helpful tips and variations for you to try!
- Try using dry white wine. A dry white wine is less sweet and “crispier” than white wine. It’s a suitable ingredient to mix with the tarragon chicken to give it that light and crisp sauce base with a hint of sharp tang.
- Substitute fresh tarragon leaves for a more intense and aromatic flavor. Dried tarragon leaves are convenient to use. However, if you prefer fresh herbs, then you can swap it for the dried tarragon leaves. Adjust the measurements according to your taste. You might want to add just about half a tablespoon of fresh tarragon for this recipe.
- Add in heavy cream. If you’re a fan of creamy sauces for chicken, then you can also add in ½ cup of heavy cream to mix with the white wine sauce. You’ll get a delicious thick and smooth white wine sauce that you can pour over the chicken.
How To Make Sautéed Tarragon Chicken with White Wine Sauce
A simple and delicious recipe of chicken tenders seasoned to perfection to go along asparagus and the peppery flavor of tarragon with white wine sauce.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil in medium-high heat. Add in seasoned chicken.
- Sautée for about 5 minutes on each side, or until chicken is brown.
- Add in asparagus, white wine, chicken broth, and dried tarragon leaves. Stir and let simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Sugar: 2g
- Calcium: 87mg
- Calories: 363kcal
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Fat: 7g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 4mg
- Potassium: 812mg
- Protein: 31g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 258mg
- Vitamin A: 1047IU
- Vitamin C: 10mg
Commonly Asked Questions
How to freeze tarragon chicken?
Place the tarragon chicken inside a freezer bag or a freezer safe container. Put inside the freezer where it can last for up to 2 months. When ready to serve, thaw the chicken overnight in the refrigerator. Reheat using a large skillet for about 20 minutes or until the chicken and sauce are heated through.
What does tarragon go well with?
Aside from chicken and tarragon recipes, tarragon is a wonderful ingredient to add to a variety of dishes. You can try making a tarragon pesto sauce which makes for a tasty topping on a pizza or pasta. Another dish with tarragon is this easy tomato bisque soup recipe. The tarragon tastes well with the fresh tomatoes and tangy sour cream. This spaghetti with creamy spinach recipe also makes for another delectable main dish to cook with tarragon.
ConclusionWith its simple ingredients and cooking process, this dish is an easy recipe that you can make in less than an hour. The seasoned chicken with tarragon and white wine make for a delicious combination! Serve this tarragon chicken with some mashed potatoes.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!