How To Make Chicken Enchilada Cheesy Rotisserie Skillet
This chicken enchilada recipe is a no fuss dish that you can easily make in under 30 minutes. It’s so cheesy and so flavorful, too!
- 1tspvegetable oil
- 2clovesgarlic,finely chopped
- 1tspground cumin
- ¾tspkosher salt
- 16ozenchilada sauce,1jar
- ¼cupsour cream,plus more for serving
- 4corntortillas,torn into quarters
- 2½lbsrotisserie chicken,skin and bones removed, meat shredded
- 15ozblack beans,(1can) low sodium, rinsed and drained
- 3ozcheese,shredded such as a Mexican cheese blend, Monterey Jack, or mozzarella, about ¾ cup
- jalapeño peppers,and chopped fresh cilantro for serving, optional
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
Heat the oil in a 10-inch oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
Add the onion, garlic, cumin, and salt and cook, stirring, until the onion has softened for about 5 minutes.
Transfer the onion mixture to a large bowl; set aside the hot skillet.
Add the enchilada sauce, sour cream, and 1/4 cup water to the onion mixture and stir to combine.
Fold in the tortillas, chicken, and beans until thoroughly coated.
Spoon the mixture into the reserved skillet and cook over medium heat until warmed through, about 3 minutes.
Sprinkle the cheese all over the top and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbling for about 5 minutes.
Let cool slightly, then top the enchiladas with sour cream, jalapeños, and cilantro.
Serve directly from the skillet at the table.
- Calories: 1505.55kcal
- Fat: 77.31g
- Saturated Fat: 24.61g
- Trans Fat: 0.67g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 30.16g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 15.32g
- Carbohydrates: 89.34g
- Fiber: 20.27g
- Sugar: 11.19g
- Protein: 110.76g
- Cholesterol: 346.78mg
- Sodium: 1678.20mg
- Calcium: 367.46mg
- Potassium: 2496.33mg
- Iron: 10.59mg
- Vitamin A: 255.19µg
- Vitamin C: 10.84mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!