How To Make Sweet Hawaiian Crockpot Chicken
This sweet Hawaiian crockpot chicken recipe offers tender and flavorful bites, made with chicken thighs in a rich, dark pineapple sauce.
Grease a 6-quart crockpot with cooking spray, then set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together pineapple juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, minced garlic, and minced ginger.
Pour ½ of the sauce into the prepared crockpot, top with chicken thighs and peppers, then pour on the remaining sauce.
Cover and cook on Low for 7 to 8 hours or High for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk orange juice and cornstarch together until smooth, then slowly whisk into the sauce until well combined.
- Cut the chicken into large chunks and stir back into crockpot.
Cover and cook on High for an additional 30 minutes.
- Taste and re-season, if desired, then serve over rice with optional garnishes and enjoy!
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!