Swiss Cheese Potato Pie Recipe
Potato, ham, cheese and broccoli make this a full meal or just a side dish.
How To Make Swiss Cheese Potato Pie
Simply a combination that just works. This simple Swiss cheese potato pie is a hearty side dish that can be good enough to pass as a main dish! Wonderfully cooked potatoes layered to accommodate creamy vegetables and everything topped with delicious Swiss cheese.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel the potatoes and cook in saucepan with water until tender.
- Drain and mash.
- Stir into the potatoes the butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parsley.
Spoon about ⅔ of potato mixture onto the sides and bottom of a greased 1 ½-quart to 2-quart baking dish.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cheese, ham, broccoli and onion.
- Spoon this mixture into the potato-lined dish.
- Beat together the eggs and milk. Pour over ham/cheese.
- Spoon (or pipe with a pastry tube) the remaining potato mixture over top.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Can also put a little grated cheese on top last 5 minutes of cooking.
Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
Cut into 6 serving portions.
- Calcium: 293mg
- Calories: 453kcal
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Cholesterol: 122mg
- Fat: 23g
- Fiber: 5g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 1108mg
- Protein: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Sodium: 848mg
- Sugar: 4g
- Vitamin A: 981IU
- Vitamin C: 61mg