For the lady who wanted pierogies. Here’s my solution to a more involved original prep! It’s delicious. You get the same short dumpling feels but by putting it in a casserole dish. Our pierogi recipe combines a layer of noodles, cottage cheese, mashed potatoes, and onions
Lazy Pierogi Casserole Recipe
- 15 lasagna noodles
- 2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- ⅛ tsp. onion salt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 cup potatoes mashed
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. onion salt
- 1 cup margarine scant
- 1 cup onion chopped
- Cook noodles; drain and towel dry.
Mix cottage cheese, egg, and onion salt.
Spread over a layer of noodles in a 9x13" pan.
- Cover with layer of noodles.
- Mix potatoes, salt, onion salt, pepper, and grated cheese.
- Spread over second layer of noodles.
- Top with third layer of noodles.
- Melt margarine and sauté onion.
- Spread over top layer of noodles.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees, covered.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with sour cream.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!