With layers of tortillas, Mexican cheese, chopped chili peppers, and beef, this enchilada casserole is sure to satisfy.
How To Layered Enchilada Casserole
This enchilada recipe is spicy and flavorful. It can be a substitute for your usual chili.
- In a large skillet cook ground beef and onion until beef is browned.
- Drain well.
- Stir in salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, olives, tomato sauce, and chili peppers.
- Bring to a boil.
In a greased 2 ½-quart round casserole, alternate layers lightly buttered tortillas, meat mixture, and shredded cheese, ending with cheese sprinkled over top.
- Add water and cover with lid or foil.
- Bake at 400 for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with ripe olive slices, chopped green onions, and fresh chopped tomatoes.
- Sugar: 12g
- Calcium: 329mg
- Calories: 493kcal
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Cholesterol: 106mg
- Fat: 23g
- Fiber: 8g
- Iron: 6mg
- Potassium: 1032mg
- Protein: 39g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Sodium: 1414mg
- Vitamin A: 6224IU
- Vitamin C: 10mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!