How To Make Ajitama
Perfectly cooked for a runny finish, enjoy umami-packed Japanese-style seasoned eggs in this ajitama recipe for the perfect ramen topping.
- Bring a pot of water to boil in a medium saucepan, then add the baking soda.
- Slowly add the eggs into the boiling water using a large spoon or soup skimmer. Allow to cook for 7 minutes.
- Transfer the eggs into an ice bath and allow them to chill for 3 minutes.
- Combine the 2 cups of water, Chashu seasoning liquid and mirin in a bowl or container with a tight-fitting cover.
- Place the eggs in the seasoning liquid. Cover the top of the eggs with a paper towel to help the liquid reach the eggs evenly all around.
Sprinkle the bonito flakes on top of the paper towel.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the eggs from the seasoning liquid after 24 hours, or they will become too salty.
Use as desired and enjoy.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!