Rosemary and red wine give intense flavor to this flaky fish.
How To Make Grilled Halibut with Tomato-Herb Sauce
A delicious and easy recipe for grilled halibut for that distinctive smoky flavor that can't be beat. Wonderfully cooked and juicy halibut fillets then accompanied by tomato-herb sauce that is simply a match made in heaven.
- Place the halibut in a large, shallow dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice, oil and rosemary for the marinade.
- Season it with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the marinade over the fish, turning to coat both sides.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
Marinating gives great flavor but also helps protect animal protein from forming cancer-causing substances on the grill. Drain the fish and discard the marinade.
- Place the fish on a greased grill 4 inches from the heat source and cook, turning once, until opaque throughout, about 10 minutes per inch of thickness.
- While the fish is cooking you can prepare the sauce.
In a small bowl, mix together the tomatoes, basil, scallions, vinegar, 1 teaspoon of oil, orange rind and a pinch of cayenne pepper, if desired.
- Whisk until it is well blended.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the sauce on low heat until warm.
- Place the grilled fish on a large serving platter.
- Garnish with some chopped fresh rosemary, if desired, and spoon the sauce over the top.
- Serve immediately.
- Sugar: 1g
- Calcium: 14mg
- Calories: 152kcal
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Fat: 6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 537mg
- Protein: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 79mg
- Vitamin A: 340IU
- Vitamin C: 7mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!