How To Make Chicken Tikka (Tandoori-Style Grilled Chicken)
- 2 (3-pound) chickens cut up
- 1 pint nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 cup Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 1 tbsp peeled fresh ginger grated
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds, crushed for an alternative, try 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- Remove the skin and visible fat from the chicken pieces. Then, rinse with cold water and pat dry.
- Randomly poke the chicken all over with the tip of a sharp knife. Afterward, place the chicken in resealable plastic food storage bags or in a large glass bowl.
- Combine the yogurt, Frank's RedHot Sauce, ginger, garlic, paprika, cumin, salt, and coriander in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Pour the chicken pieces in the small bowl, making sure to turn the pieces for even coating. When finished, seal them in the storage bags or leave them covered the bowl. In either case, marinate the pieces in the fridge for 1 hour or overnight.
- Once they're marinated, place the chicken on an oiled grid. But make sure to save the marinade.
- Grill the chicken over medium coals for 45 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink near the bone and the juices run clear. Turn and baste them frequently with marinade; but don't baste during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Discard the remaining marinade and serve the chicken warm. Bon apetit!