How To Make Sweet Potato Patties
Curry powder gives these sweet potato patties their intensely delicious flavors. The recipe uses almond flour, so this is gluten-free & paleo-friendly.
- avocado oil spray
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. curry powder
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- ¼ cup finely ground almond flour , blanched, (1 oz)
- 1 lb large sweet potato
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and spray it with oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, sea salt, black pepper, curry powder and dried thyme. Mix in the almond flour. Set aside.
Pierce the sweet potato all over with a fork. Microwave until tender, which takes about 5 minutes per side.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes until easier to handle, then peel and mash well with a fork.
- Add the mashed sweet potato to the egg mixture. Mix well.
- Using a 4-tablespoon scoop or measuring cup, scoop six mounds of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Flatten with a spatula. Spray with oil.
- Bake the sweet potato cakes for 15 minutes. Flip to other side, spray with more oil and bake until browned and set, 10 more minutes. Serve immediately.
- Sugar: 7g
- Calcium: 86mg
- Calories: 189kcal
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fat: 5g
- Fiber: 6g
- Iron: 3mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 534mg
- Protein: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 402mg
- Vitamin A: 21492IU
- Vitamin C: 4mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!