The sweet and spicy mixture of honey and horseradish is the perfect accompaniment for baked ham.
How To Make Horseradish Honey Ham
A simple but quite tasty take on the classic honey ham recipe! Cured pork slab let to bake away along with honey, cloves, and acid in the form of lemon juice. A juicy morsel with a full-bodied flavor, and helped with a slight kick from horseradish simply makes this a ham recipe to go back to time and time again.
- Cut ham into 1/4 inch slices and tie back together with kitchen string or dental floss.
- Place ham on a baking rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Combine honey and cloves; drizzle over ham.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees for 1-1 1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 140 degrees and ham is heated through, basting often with drippings.
- Mean while, combine the brown sugar, horseradish and lemon juice.
- When ham reaches the 140 degrees, increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Baste ham with brown sugar sauce, so the sauce penetrates between slices.
- Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes longer.
- Sugar: 29g
- Calcium: 47mg
- Calories: 888kcal
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Cholesterol: 197mg
- Fat: 53g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 978mg
- Protein: 69g
- Saturated Fat: 19g
- Sodium: 3826mg
- Vitamin C: 5mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!