This dinner frittata recipe is just right for the summer! It’s a vegetarian dish that you can enjoy at any meal of the day.
How To Make Dinner Frittata Florentine
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a 10-inch nonstick skillet on medium heat, fry bacon until crisp.
Drain the bacon on paper towels, reserving any grease rendered in the pan.
- Add the onion, diced bell pepper and mushrooms.
- Saute 6-8 minutes or until mushrooms are lightly browned.
Add the spinach and turn with tongs until wilted.
Chop half of the bacon and mix it into the spinach mixture. Reduce the heat to low.
In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and milk until it turns a light yellow color.
Stir in half of the cheddar and half of the Monterey Jack.
Pour the cheese mixture evenly over the spinach mixture.
Cook on low heat for about 2 minutes without stirring, until the edges of the eggs have begun to set.
Add the reserved cheese and arrange the remaining bacon and red pepper strips on top.
- Transfer the pan to the preheated oven and bake for 8-12 minutes or until the eggs have puffed slightly and are set in the middle.
- Serve hot or at room temperature with a mixed green salad and some crusty bread for a complete meal.
- Sugar: 3g
- Calcium: 196mg
- Calories: 257kcal
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Cholesterol: 197mg
- Fat: 19g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 363mg
- Protein: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Sodium: 336mg
- Vitamin A: 2442IU
- Vitamin C: 32mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!