How To Make Spanish Hot Chocolate
This recipe Spanish hot chocolate is made with just five ingredients. It yields a thick and gooey drink that’s perfect for cold nights.
- Chop the chocolate into half-squares.
- Pour the milk into a medium saucepan and add the cornstarch. Whisk until the cornstarch is dissolved.
- For a sweeter hot chocolate, add the sugar. Whisk until dissolved.
- Put the saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently, until it starts to boil. Remove from heat.
- Add the chocolate to the saucepan and stir until completely melted. If the milk cools too soon, return it to the heat.*
- To add a kick of spice to the hot chocolate, add the cayenne pepper and whisk to combine.
- Taste for sweetness and spice, then adjust as necessary.
- Pour or ladle into cups straight away and serve immediately on its own, or with a side of churros. Enjoy!
- *Be careful not to keep over the heat too long, as the mixture will thin.
- Sugar: 37g
- Calcium: 380mg
- Calories: 796kcal
- Carbohydrates: 82g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Fat: 46g
- Fiber: 13g
- Iron: 11mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 13g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 1217mg
- Protein: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 26g
- Sodium: 115mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 5422IU
- Vitamin C: 9mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!