A hot cider is a traditional drink to have around during the fall. It’s also found at holiday gatherings when the adults could use a drink. This spiked cider can be made in large quantities and kept warm in an electric coffee server.
How To Make Hot Spiked Cider
The traditional hot cider recipe got spiked with this recipe thanks to a little bit of rum flavor.
- Pour water into a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and toss in the orange spice tea bags.
- Cover and let steep 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and stir in sugar, apple cider, rum, and 2 of the cinnamon sticks.
- Heat just to steaming -- do not boil.
- Ladle hot cider into 6 mugs and drop 1/2 teaspoon butter into each.
- Garnish with a cinnamon "swizzle" stick.
- Sugar: 25g
- Calcium: 73mg
- Calories: 273kcal
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fat: 2g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 124mg
- Protein: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 39mg
- Vitamin A: 98IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!