How To Make Disaronno (Disaronno Amaretto Copycat)
Whether mixed with bourbon or not, this Disaronno recipe promises a boozy drink made with lemon juice and egg whites, for a Disaronno Amaretto copycat.
Pour the Disaronno, bourbon (if using), lemon juice, and egg white into a cocktail shaker. Do not add ice at this stage.
Secure the lid of the cocktail shaker and shake hard for 30 seconds.
Now add the ice and put the lid back on.
Shake for a further 30 seconds.
Strain into a cocktail glass, garnish with the cherries, and serve. Enjoy!
- Use plenty of ice to ensure the drink is well chilled.
- If you do not own a cocktail shaker use a large glass jar with a screwtop lid instead.
- This Disaronno sour is sweet enough to render sugar syrup unnecessary for the majority of drinkers. It is, of course, perfectly acceptable to add sugar syrup to taste. Shake up the drink as instructed, take a small taste and then add in sugar syrup as required. Don’t forget to reshake the cocktail if sugar syrup is added.
- Alternatively, if the cocktail is too sweet for your liking, add a little more lemon and/or bourbon.
- Don’t skip the dry shake – this enables the protein in the egg white to begin to form foam. Once ice has been added a second shake then serves to cool and dilute the drink and strengthen the foam.
- For a vegan/ egg-free version, simply leave out the egg white or use aquafaba (the liquid from a can of chickpeas) in place of the egg white. Try adding 2 tablespoons.
- Calories: 871.58kcal
- Fat: 1.14g
- Saturated Fat: 0.29g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0.07g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.27g
- Carbohydrates: 89.90g
- Fiber: 0.98g
- Sugar: 84.27g
- Protein: 9.94g
- Sodium: 161.26mg
- Calcium: 25.83mg
- Potassium: 327.95mg
- Iron: 0.39mg
- Vitamin A: 0.40µg
- Vitamin C: 43.89mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!