How To Make Taho
Taho is a pudding-like snack originating from the Philippines. It is made of silken tofu drenched in caramel sauce and topped with tapioca pearls.
- Pour 4 cups of water in a cooking pot and bring to a boil.
- Put-in the tapioca pearls and cook for 40 minutes in medium heat.
- Add 1/4 cup brown sugar and mix well.
- Turn off the heat and let the sago pearls sit on the cooking pot until room temperature is achieved. Set aside.
Heat a saucepan then pour-in ½ cup of water.
- Put-in 1 cup of brown sugar once the water starts to boil. Mix well and simmer until the mixture becomes thick. Set aside.
Transfer the extra soft tofu in a glass or mug then heat in a microwave oven for a minute.
- Top the extra soft tofu with the cooked tapioca pearls and sweet syrup.
- Serve warm. Share and Enjoy.
- Sugar: 93g
- Calcium: 159mg
- Calories: 558kcal
- Carbohydrates: 119g
- Fat: 6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 3mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g
- Potassium: 515mg
- Protein: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 55mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Dip, Sauce & Condiment