How To Make Shahi Tukda (Shahi Tukra)
Take a spoon and grab a bite of this shahi tukda (shahi tukra) recipe. A creamy and sweet bread pudding made with crispy, golden brown pieces of bread for added texture.
- If using frozen paneer let it thaw completely before grating.
- In a thick bottom pan, mix milk, condensed milk, sugar, and saffron. Bring it to a boil on medium flame.
- Once boiling, reduce flame to low and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until mixture turns thick and is reduced to around 1½ cups. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Stir in grated paneer and cardamom powder and mix well. Turn heat off and let milk mixture or rabadi to cool at room temperature.
- Remove crusts from bread slices and cut each into 4 triangles or 4 equal squares.
- Brush bread squares with ghee on both sides. Heat a non stick pan or tava on low flame and toast until both sides turn crispy and golden brown. Transfer bread to a plate.
- Arrange bread pieces in a layer on the plate. Pour prepared rabadi or milk mixture over it.
- To garnish, sprinkle pistachios, cashew nuts and almonds on top. Serve it hot or chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.
- Sugar: 27g
- Calcium: 447mg
- Calories: 855kcal
- Carbohydrates: 56g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Fat: 63g
- Fiber: 8g
- Iron: 5mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 28g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 10g
- Potassium: 1000mg
- Protein: 26g
- Saturated Fat: 19g
- Sodium: 210mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 399IU
- Vitamin C: 3mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!