Great for holidays and special events. Our sweet potato pie recipe is perfect for the fall and winter holidays. This recipe mixes it up with gingersnap streusel.
How To Make Sweet Potato Pie with Gingersnap Streusel
Using fresh sweet potatoes, ginger snap crumbs, and your favorite holiday spices, you can easily make this lovely sweet potato pie dessert for the upcoming holidays.
- 2 cups gingersnap crumbs
- ⅓ cup butter , melted
- 29 oz sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 1 ¼ cup evaporated milk
- ¾ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- ⅔ cup gingersnaps, coarsely crushed
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp butter, cut up
- sweetened whipping cream, for garnish
Combine 2 cups gingersnap crumbs and ⅓ cup melted butter; stir well.
Firmly press crumb mixture over bottom and up sides of a 9 ½-inch deep dish pie plate.
Bake 350 degrees F for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Stir together sweet potatoes and next five ingredients; pour into prepared crust.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
Combine ⅔ cup crushed gingersnaps, ⅓ cup. brown sugar, and flour; cut in 2 tbsp butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle streusel over pie and bake 15 minutes more.
- Cover pie with reynolds wrap and bake 25 minutes more or until set.
- Cool completely and garnish with cream sprinkled with nutmeg
- Sugar: 45g
- Calcium: 208mg
- Calories: 544kcal
- Carbohydrates: 86g
- Cholesterol: 81mg
- Fat: 19g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 4mg
- Potassium: 663mg
- Protein: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 445mg
- Vitamin A: 15240IU
- Vitamin C: 3mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!