This impossible pumpkin pie recipe is indeed so easy to make that it’s impossible to mess it up! This one-bowl pumpkin pie is made using only six common ingredients. Plus, there’s no kneading involved because it forms its own light pie crust while baking. So you still get the creamy flavor amped up with the pumpkin pie spice, with only half the prep time and effort. Enjoy this crustless pumpkin pie for the holidays with a hot chai latte.
What Is an Impossible Pie?
An impossible pie is a pie that makes its own crust. As it bakes, the batter separates into visible layers consisting of a crust on top, a luscious custard-like filling, and a pastry-like bottom crust. The bottom crust it forms is way lighter than the usual pie crusts made with dough. Seems impossible, right? But wait until you try it and see the layers for yourself!
Tips on Making Impossible Pumpkin Pie
Despite this pumpkin dessert already being easy to make, there are more valuable tips that will add to your knowledge and confidence when making it. Here’s what you need to know about this easy pumpkin pie recipe:
- If you can’t get pumpkin pie filling, you can use canned pumpkin puree. Just season it with a teaspoon or two of pie spice and add sugar one tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired sweetness.
- You can also make your own pumpkin pie spice blend. Combine equal amounts of cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger, and allspice. You can keep the excess in a sealed container for 6 months and use them for other pumpkin recipes.
- Use coconut milk, almond milk, or oat milk as a healthier substitute for evaporated milk in pumpkin pie. On the contrary, if you want it more decadent, use half and half.
- Can’t find Bisquick? Make your own baking mix instead by mixing ½ cup of all-purpose flour with ¾ teaspoon of baking powder. It’ll work just as fine.
- Top the pie with more delicious ingredients like whipped cream, candied pecans, or caramel ice cream, for instance. You can also add marshmallows during the last 10 minutes of baking. They will come out toasted and gooey once the pie is done.
How To Make Impossible Pumpkin Pie
Enjoy a creamy pumpkin filling made even more delicious by butter and vanilla in this impossible pumpkin pie recipe. You only need a handful of ingredients and 10 minutes of prep time to put it together.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease a 10-inch pie dish.
Beat all ingredients until smooth. Pour straight into the pie plate.
Bake it for 50 minutes to 1 hour or just before the center is completely set.
Serve warm or cold. Enjoy!
*If you can’t find store bought pumpkin pie spice, it’s actually easy to make it from scratch! Just combine equal parts of ground cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, allspice, and ginger. Store the dry spice mix in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 6 months.
- Sugar: 5g
- Calcium: 156mg
- Calories: 194kcal
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Fat: 8g
- Fiber: 5g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 241mg
- Protein: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 308mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 4993IU
- Vitamin C: 3mg
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my pumpkin pie not firm?
You need to take the pie out of the oven before it completely firms up. It should still have a slight jiggle in the center. This is because it’ll continue cooking with the residual heat and will fully set as it cools. If it doesn’t, then you might have used too much liquid or too little flour. Fix this by blending an egg yolk into the filling then baking it again for another 12 to 15 minutes.
Can you freeze impossible pumpkin pie?
Yes. The fat from the egg yolk and the butter will keep the pie’s creamy texture even after freezing. It’ll stay good for 2 months.
ConclusionIt’s mind-blowing how easy it is to make something as good as this no crust pumpkin pie. Enjoy this impossible pumpkin pie with friends as a dessert or a tea time snack.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Pies & Pastries
Get a sweet fix with this guilt-free sugarless pumpkin pie and enjoy a rich and smooth filling in bright pumpkin flavor on a crisp and tender pie crust.