A sweet twist on a holiday favorite will leave you with nothing but the pie pan to clean.
Chocolate Caramel Pecan Pie Recipe
- 1 pkg. Baker's semi-sweet baking chocolate or 8 squares
- 14 oz Kraft caramels pkg.
- 3 cup pecan pieces divided
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter or 1/4 stick, melted, or margarine
- ⅔ cup whipping cream divided
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 2 cup pecans in food processor.
- Process till finely ground using pulsing action.
- Mix this with sugar and butter.
- Press into 9" round pie plate.
- Bake 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- If crust puffs up gently press back down with back of spoon.
- Microwave caramels and 1/3 cup cream on high 3 minutes or till melted.
- Stir after each minute.
- Pour into crust.
- Chop remaining 1 cup pecans and sprinkle over caramel layer.
- Place chocolate, remaining whip cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in sauce pan.
- Cook and stir on low heat just until chocolate is melted.
- Pour over pie and gently spread to cover top of pie.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!