Hot Pepper Fudge Recipe
This fudge is made with chipotle peppers, ground cinnamon and chocolate.
How To Make Hot Pepper Fudge
An incredible combination of flavors that would surely leave you wanting more! Chocolate with a bit of creaminess close to toffee, with a kick from the chipotle pepper is match made in heaven.
- In a large, heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, honey, chocolate, salt, and milk.
- Place over medium-high heat, stir constantly, and heat until the chocolate melts, about 3 minutes.
- Cover with a lid and heat until the mixture comes to a full boil, about 1 more minute.
- Uncover and cook until the mixture becomes shiny and thick, about 4 minutes, stirring often.
When the fudge is ready, it will register 236 to 240 degrees F on a candy thermometer.
- Or a small amount of fudge dropped into a glass of cold water will form a soft, solid wad on the bottom of the glass.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chipotle pepper and cinnamon.
- Place the butter on the fudge and set aside to cool.
- When the fudge has become tepid, about 20 minutes, add the vanilla and stir until the fudge starts to firm.
- While still pourable, scrape into a loaf pan and even the top.
- Set aside until the fudge is firm.
- Cut into 36 squares.
- Calcium: 9mg
- Calories: 66kcal
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Fat: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 20mg
- Protein: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 56mg
- Sugar: 12g
- Vitamin A: 39IU