Purchase the cantaloupes a few days before you plan to serve this light refreshing dessert and allow them to ripen at room temperature. When ripe, a cantaloupe should yield when pressed gently and have a fragrant aroma.
How To Make Strawberry Applesauce Melon Wedges
This sweet gelatin dessert makes a nice finishing tip to make melon wedges even more flavorful and interesting.
- In a small saucepan, heat applesauce until boiling.
- Stir in gelatin.
- Chill until very thick but not set, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in yogurt.
- Beat at highest speed until doubled in volume.
- Stir in strawberries.
- Cut melons in half; remove seeds and pat dry with paper towels.
- Spoon whipped mixture into melon halves. Chill until firm.
- To serve, cut each half; garnish as desired.
- Sugar: 67g
- Calcium: 132mg
- Calories: 327kcal
- Carbohydrates: 72g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Fat: 3g
- Fiber: 5g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 1233mg
- Protein: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 226mg
- Vitamin A: 12544IU
- Vitamin C: 164mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!