How To Make Walnut Snowball Cookies
These simple Walnut Snowball Cookies are tasty holiday treats made with walnuts, for a decadently sweet and nutty snack! Serve these up in under one hour.
- 1cupall-purpose flour,or cake flour
- 1½cupswalnuts,finely chopped
- 1tspvanilla extract
- 8tbspunsalted butter,(4 oz), room temperature
- 1cuppowdered sugar,to coat
Mix the flour, walnuts, salt, sugar in a large bowl. Add the vanilla extract.
Add the butter in little pieces, and combine everything together with clean hands until the mixture looks like a coarse meal with nut bits in it.
Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes in the fridge or up to overnight.
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or silicon baking mats.
Form the dough into small balls no larger than a walnut, and place on the cookie sheet, spaced at least 1-inch apart from each other.
Bake for 35 minutes.
When the cookies are are still warm, but cool enough to touch, roll the cookies in some powdered sugar. Set aside on a rack to cool completely.
When cool, dust again in powdered sugar. Enjoy!
- These cookies can be made with wild black walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, hickory or butternuts, all will work fine.
- If using salted butter, omit the pinch of salt.
- Calories: 96.64kcal
- Fat: 4.86g
- Saturated Fat: 2.95g
- Trans Fat: 0.19g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1.23g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.34g
- Carbohydrates: 12.70g
- Fiber: 0.19g
- Sugar: 7.79g
- Protein: 0.74g
- Cholesterol: 12.21mg
- Sodium: 47.24mg
- Calcium: 2.73mg
- Potassium: 9.85mg
- Iron: 0.31mg
- Vitamin A: 38.85µg
- Vitamin C: 0.00mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!