How To Make Marshmallow PEEPS Cookie Sandwiches
Everyone will surely enjoy these soft and puffy cookies loaded with peanut butter M&Ms and sprinkles, then made fun with a marshmallow in between 2 cookies!
- ¾cupbutter,(1½ sticks) unsalted, softened to room temperature
- ¾cuplight brown sugar,or dark brown sugar, packed
- ¼cupgranulated sugar
- 1large egg,at room temperature
- 2tsppure vanilla extract
- 2cupsall-purpose flour,spoon and leveled
- 1tspbaking soda
- 1¼cupspeanut butter M&Ms,or regular M&Ms, or peanut M&Ms, or chocolate chips
- 24Peeps marshmallow candies
In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the butter for 1 minute on medium speed until completely smooth and creamy.
Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and mix on medium speed until fluffy and light in color.
Mix in the egg and vanilla. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.
At low speed, slowly mix into the wet ingredients until combined. The cookie dough will be quite thick.
Add the peanut butter M&Ms and sprinkles, and mix for about 5 seconds until evenly disbursed.
Cover the dough tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour and up to 2 days.
Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator and allow it to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
Once chilled, the dough will be slightly crumbly, but will come together once the dough is worked with the hands as they’re rolled into individual balls.
Roll the balls of dough, about 1½ tablespoons of dough each, into balls.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. They will look extremely soft when you remove them from the oven.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet.
Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely at room temperature.
Then stick the cookies into the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Cold cookies will be needed to make the sandwiches.
Arrange 2 Peeps Marshmallow onto half of the cold cookies.
Microwave, 1 by 1, for 8 to 12 seconds until the marshmallow begins to puff up.
Depending on the microwave wattage, do not microwave for more than that, or the cookie will fall apart and be too fragile to pick up.
Smoosh another cookie on top, creating a sandwich.
Cookie sandwiches taste the best right after they are made.
- Chilling is mandatory for this cookie dough.
- If the cookies are too puffy, try gently pressing down on them with the back of a spoon. They will slightly deflate while letting them cool.
- Cookies (without PEEPS) stay fresh at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Room temperature egg is highly suggested for this cookie dough. It will disburse more evenly when mixed. To bring the egg to room temperature quickly, drop it into a cup of warm water for 5 minutes.
- Calories: 472.64kcal
- Fat: 22.69g
- Saturated Fat: 13.83g
- Trans Fat: 0.50g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 6.27g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.99g
- Carbohydrates: 66.02g
- Fiber: 2.35g
- Sugar: 46.13g
- Protein: 4.59g
- Cholesterol: 49.04mg
- Sodium: 227.85mg
- Calcium: 45.81mg
- Potassium: 174.37mg
- Iron: 1.98mg
- Vitamin A: 115.84µg
- Vitamin C: 0.11mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!