How To Make Chewy Oatmeal M&M Cookies
Get a sweet dose of fiber with these chewy oatmeal m&m cookies made with brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, a touch of molasses, and lots of chocolate goodies!
Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream the softened butter and both sugars together on medium speed for about 2 minutes until smooth. Add the eggs and mix on high for about 1 minute until combined. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Add the vanilla and molasses and mix on high until combined. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together. Add to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined. Beat in the oats and M&Ms on low speed. The dough will be thick, yet very sticky.
Chill the dough for about 30 to 60 minutes in the refrigerator (do the full hour if you’re afraid of the cookies spreading too much). If chilling for longer (up to 2 days), allow to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before rolling and baking.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats; set aside.
Roll balls of dough (about 1½ tablespoons of dough per cookie) and place 2 inches apart on the baking sheets. Bake for about 11 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned on the sides. The centers will look soft and under-baked.
Remove from the oven and let cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. The cookies will continue to “set” on the baking sheet during this time. Cover and store leftover cookies at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Oats: It is highly recommended to use old-fashioned whole oats as they provide the ultimate hearty, chewy, thick texture.
- Eggs: Room temperature eggs are preferred. Good rule of thumb: always use room temperature eggs when using room temperature butter.
- Make Ahead & Freezing Instructions: Baked cookies freeze well up to three months. Unbaked dough balls freeze well up to 3 months. Bake frozen cookie dough balls fo an extra minute; no need to thaw.
- Calories: 185.04kcal
- Fat: 8.16g
- Saturated Fat: 4.63g
- Trans Fat: 0.22g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2.16g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.68g
- Carbohydrates: 24.69g
- Fiber: 1.82g
- Sugar: 11.33g
- Protein: 3.52g
- Cholesterol: 25.10mg
- Sodium: 78.95mg
- Calcium: 25.67mg
- Potassium: 104.27mg
- Iron: 1.07mg
- Vitamin A: 52.44µg
- Vitamin C: 0.05mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!