Great for a special occasion!
How To Make Pecan Log Rolls
Confectionary convenience store favorite pecan log rolls
- Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with buttered wax paper; set aside.
- Combine corn syrup, water and sugar in small heavy saucepan.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boil.
Wash down side of pan with pastry brush dipped in hot water to remove sugar crystals.
Use candy thermometer. Continue to cook until mixture reaches the hard-ball stage (255 degrees F).
Meanwhile, beat egg white and cream of tartar with heavy duty electric mixer, until stiff but not dry.
- Slowly pour hot syrup into egg white, beating constantly.
Add vanilla extract.
- Beat until candy forms soft peaks and starts to lose its gloss.
- Spoon fondant into prepared pan.
- Cut into three strips lengthwise, then crosswise in center.
- Freeze until firm.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper, set aside.
- Melt caramels with water in small heavy saucepan, over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Arrange pecans on wax paper.
- Working quickly, drop 1 piece of the frozen fondant into melted caramels to coat.
- Roll in pecans to completely coat.
- Place on prepared baking sheet to set.
- Repeat with remaining fondant pieces, reheating caramel mixture if it becomes too thick.
Cut logs into ½-inch slices.
Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container between layers of wax paper or freeze up to 3 months.
- Sugar: 29g
- Calcium: 35mg
- Calories: 206kcal
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Fat: 9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 91mg
- Protein: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 54mg
- Vitamin A: 14IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!