A special cake for a special person. Make this very special chiffon cake for birthdays, anniversaries, and other upcoming events. It requires a bit of elbow grease, but it’s worthwhile.
How To Make Special Chiffon Cake
A very special cake made with layers of frosting and berries. It's a decadent piece of art that's well worthy of a slice.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Make a well in order to add cooking oil, unbeaten egg yolks, cold water, vanilla, and lemon extract.
- Beat with a spoon until smooth.
- Measure into large mixing bowl: egg whites and cream tartar.
- Whip until whites form very stiff peaks (much stiffer than meringue; do not under beat).
Pour yolk mixture gradually over whipped egg whites, gently folding with rubber scraper just until blended. Do not stir.
Pour into an ungreased 4-inch deep, 10-inch tube pan.
Bake for 55 minutes at 325 degrees F, then increase temperature to 350 degrees F for 10 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Immediately turn pan upside down over funnel.
Let hang free of table until cold. Loosen from pan edges and remove.
Soften 2 tsp gelatin in pineapple juice then dissolve over hot water.
Stir into crushed pineapple and chill.
When almost firm fold into 1 cup whipped cream.
Soften 2 tsp gelatin in apricot juice and dissolve over hot water.
- Stir into crushed apricot pulp and chill.
When almost firm fold into 1 cup of whipped cream.
Fold raspberry jam into 1 cup whipped cream.
- Slice cake into 4 layers.
- Place bottom layer on plate and spread pineapple filling.
- Top with another layer of cake, then spread raspberry filling.
- Add another layer of cake and spread apricot filling and finally, add the last layer of cake.
- Frost with remaining whipped cream and serve.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!