Surprise your guests with this luscious mocha truffle cake. It’s rich and chocolatey with a subtle hint of coffee – perfect for your dessert or afternoon tea with family and friends. Everyone will think you’re a professional baker after making this decadent truffle cake!
How To Make Mocha Truffle Cake
Take a break from the usual plain chocolate cake and amp it up with the stronger flavors of mocha and truffles! This mocha truffle cake is surely a crowd pleaser and pairs perfectly with all flavors of tea and coffee.
Line with paper a 7-8 inch micro proof plastic box or a cake container. Grease the paper.
Sift flour, baking powder, and soda. Set aside.
Beat sugar and curd. Add essence and the coffee mix.
Gradually add the oil while beating the batter continuously.
- Pour into the container and microwave for 7 minutes. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
- For the soaking syrup, mix all the ingredients together and microwave for a minute. Stir until all the sugar has dissolved. Allow it to cool.
For the truffle topping, microwave the cream for a minute. Add the chocolate and mix well until a smooth paste is obtained. If required, microwave again for 30 seconds. Stir the chocolate with the spatula and let it stand for a few minutes, stir again if necessary.
- To assemble, cut the chocolate cake into 2 layers.
Put the bottom layer of the cake on a flat plate, soak lightly with the coffee syrup. Spread ⅓ of the prepared truffle mix on it.
- Place the second layer of the cake on it. Spread the remaining truffle on it. Lift the truffle falling on the sides with a knife and level the sides.
- Decorate the cake with chocolate cookies/Hide and Seek biscuits, placing them a little higher than the cake at an angle. Sprinkle crunched cookies on top if you like.
You can substitute the chocolate cookies for coffee beans.
- Sugar: 50g
- Calcium: 153mg
- Calories: 842kcal
- Carbohydrates: 83g
- Cholesterol: 47mg
- Fat: 54g
- Fiber: 9g
- Iron: 8mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 22g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g
- Potassium: 560mg
- Protein: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 22g
- Sodium: 104mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 510IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!